Grab and go breakfast! Although a bran muffin probably isn’t your first choice, the fresh raspberries in these muffins add sweetness and moisture!
1 ½ cups wheat bran
1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup fresh raspberries (roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Grease muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat bran and 1 cup almond milk. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. I just used a fork to mix this up.
- In a third bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, ½ cup almond milk, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the liquid mixture to the wheat bran and mix thoroughly with a hand mixer.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix again, making sure to get all lumps out.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for approx. 20 mins.
*Recipe makes 12 muffins. If you’re like me and can’t eat this many muffins in a week, freeze some. They will keep for a few weeks in the freezer.
**The apple cider vinegar is VERY important as this is what reacts with the baking soda and makes the muffins rise.